May 6, 2012

How to make Muah Chee

Muah Chee, a common snack at our pasar malam; I never once thought I could replicate this dish at home.

After hearing about @stabbeee's successful attempt at making muah chee, I decided to give it a try with the shared recipes too.

If you have a Happy Call Pan, then there are altogether 3 recipes which you use:



As I do not have a Happy Call Pan, but armed with an ordinary non-slick pan, I tried the stirring method and customise the recipes a little.


Home-made Muah Chee

Ingredients needed
(for the dough)

  • 200g Glutinous rice flour
  • 300ml Water
  • 1 tbsp Sesame oil
  • 1 tsp Sugar
  • pinch of Salt


(for stirring)

  • Chopped onions
  • Cooking oil


(for mixing)

  • Grated peanuts
  • Sugar


Method

1. Mix all the ingredients for the dough in a huge bowl. Mix it well.

2. Heat up the frying pan with chopped onions and cooking oil.

3. Remove the onions, leaving just the oil.

4. Pour the dough mixture.

5. Mix and flip the dough mixture in the pan over low heat.

6. It's done when the dough turns slightly transparent.

TIP
The recipes indicated about 5 minutes. Actual cooking is more than that though. Maybe because the surface area of my frying pan is not as big as the Happy Call Pan, so I had to split my dough mixture to 3 shares so that they can be thoroughly cooked. Hence, I would suggest that you use a non-stick frying pan which has a wider surface area, so that you can spread your dough thinner.

7. Cut the freshly cooked muah chee into pieces and mix them with the grated peanuts and sugar.

TIP
I grounded the grated peanuts, which is already available in my kitchen. To achieve the best "peanut-y"effect, I would suggest mixing with peanut powder, grated peanuts and sugar.

Ready to serve~

There you go, a very common snack, do-able within the comforts of our home kitchen. :)

No comments: